Our perspective on things can make our experience a proactive positive experience or a victimizing negative experience. As I continue to navigate my personal healing journey my perspective plays a huge role in the daily choices I make towards wellness. When you are really in the midst of chronic illness and very symptomatic it can be a challenge to change your perspective but it is of the utmost importance. You can not begin to heal the body when the mind is stuck in a illness energy. So how do you shift your perception to which will make the cells in your body dance to the healing tune? Here are some tips from my own personal experience.
- If you are just beginning your healing journey try to pick one or two things to focus on to improve your health. If this be diet changes, slowly going off medications (With your doctors help), Mild exercise, or meditation. Whatever it is that you feel will improve your health depending on your unique symptoms and challenges. If you try to do too much at once you will get overwhelmed and will be more likely to give up because of burn out. Stick with one or two new things for a few days and add something new after you have adapted.
- When you wake up in the morning set your intentions for the day and don’t start off your day with self loathing. If you tell yourself you are going to have a bad day you are creating that before you have given the day a chance to begin. Write down what you would like to do that would help improve your health. This can be anything you believe will improve your mind, body, or spirit.
- Research healing not your illness. If I looked up all my symptoms in the past I would have terminal cancer according to WebMD. Look up healing tools for certain symptoms and focus on the solution not the problem.
- Join groups on social media that encourage healing and have people proactive in their own healing journey. If you are in groups where people are complaining all day and are in victim mode it will rub off on you and keep you stuck in that mindset. I will list some health and healing groups/pages at the end of this article.
- Try to see the BIG PICTURE! Healing is a process not an event. Every little thing you do to improve your health will add up. It took your body years to get this way it may take a couple years to get it back to it’s natural state of health (Although anything is possible so don’t limit your beliefs about time when it comes to healing the body) When I focus on the big picture it helps me get through exercise and make the right choices if it be for my mind, body, or spirit throughout the day.
- Focus on what you are grateful for and not what you are lacking. If you are reading this you have a digital device and internet which means you are doing better than most people in this world. When we focus on what we have we create more abundance in our life and it also shifts our energy which improves your mood and health.
Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
~ William Arthur Ward
The key is to focus on healing, take steps towards healing the body in each moment, and not focus on illness but wellness. If you believe you are subjected to a life full of illness and suffering your are actually programming the cells in your body to that reality. We are powerful healers but only once we take our health and power back. There are many who have healed their bodies I am not the only one. We normally get shunned from chronic illness groups because of peoples limited beliefs and are told we were never sick. We are here and we want to help others heal like we have. Someone that truly wants to help you during your healing journey will not sell you a miracle cure they will teach you how to heal yourself and take your power back. No one can heal you but you. You can be given tools but this journey is yours and yours alone.
Facebook Groups/pages that focus on healing the body
There are many more these are just to get you started 🙂